HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wooohooooo!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goldfinch
Health & Fitness Moderator
Health & Fitness Moderator

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Wooohooooo!!   Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:43 am

I've recently returned to work after having had to take 14 months off work through a nasty illness. Yes I know it's a long time!! pale

When I first went off ill, my company put a claim in with their Health Insurance company, to cover my salary and give them some money for the time I had off. However, after months of fannying about trying to get info from my hospital etc, the insurance company decided to reject my claim!

I had been really lucky as I was paid my full salary for the first 12 months, at my manager's discretion. She was convinced that the insurance company would come good and reimburse her for that, once they had accepted my claim. So, she was pretty annoyed when they rejected it, and I was made to feel like some sort of skiver :( So, I went for two months without any pay, and it totally wiped me out financially.

The insurance company then sent me for a medical assessment, which I thought was for a separate claim, to cover getting me a special chair for work. I took along all the paperwork and some x-rays and things anyway, to show to the doctor there, and he took them but didn't really look at them.

Anyway, I went back to work in July and started being paid again, and have been slowly getting back on my feet financially. Then, yesterday, I got a call from HR saying that the Insurance Company have changed their minds and have now accepted the claim 100%!! I'm so happy.....they are backdating my pay for the two months that I didn't get paid, and I will receive that money in my next paypacket on 21st Sept!! Since they have now accepted that I have this long-term illness, they will also pay me my salary should I ever need to go off sick again in the future.

Sooooo.......I'm actually going to end up financially better off, because I've been scrimping and saving for a few months! I'll be able to pay off my overdraft big grin Also, I've got in the habit of living off a pittance, which means that I may be able to save some money instead of spending all of my salary every month.

The best thing, though, is being well enough to work again. People say "Oooh you lucky thing, fancy being off work for a whole year on full pay!" but actually it was a miserable time, in and out of hospital and usually in a lot of pain. I had no social life and was constantly worrying about the future. Now I am planning a big old party to celebrate being back big grin

woohoo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pants52

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Wooohooooo!!   Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:57 am

bravo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiscoDiva
Celeb Moderator
Celeb Moderator

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Wooohooooo!!   Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:10 am

Nice one Goldfinch. Thats fab news. boogie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Wooohooooo!!   Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 am

cool yippie

SOOOOOOOO glad to hear that everything has worked out for you hunny!

Have a BIG hug from me and Connah hug

big grin cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://faeriewishes.naturalforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wooohooooo!!   

Back to top Go down

Wooohooooo!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faerie Wishes :: General chat :: General chat-
Jump to: